Happy New Year from us to you, friends. It’s been a good year. Not an easy year, but a good year. Because when you’ve got these 5 as your crew, it’s good even when it’s bad.
The team players:
- My main squeeze, who never, ever asks anything of me. He gives and gives until I think his giver has to be worn out. He epitomes selflessness. I love him with every part of my being (he still puts toothpaste on my toothbrush at night. I’m not even kidding). I want my daughter and my 3 boys to recognize what it looks like to be taken care of, watched out for, stood up for, just like their daddy does all of that for me. And then strive for that. He’s the best part of my life.
- My oldest, my like-minded (but funnier and cooler than I could ever be) child. My charismatic boy who keeps me laughing with his antics and his sarcastic humor. He’s always been the one who takes charge and finds a way to fix problems, whether it’s talking his little brother down from a meltdown or rushing to pick up the stroller that has tipped over with the baby strapped in it. Oh the hilarity of raising a child who is more rational than you are. 😉
- My girl, the light of my mothering heart. She has a heart of generosity and a will that’s strong as an ox. She’s kind and wise and determined and strong. She’s honest and generous and she loves Jesus with her whole heart. She makes me a better version of myself, and for that I’m so grateful. Oh the irony of raising your firecracker twin. It’s so good being her mama.
- My middle boy, oh how I love that one. He’s a quiet thinker and as sweet as they come. Really. He loves symmetry and building and coloring (precisely, might I add, or he thinks its rubbish). He comes down the stairs in the mornings and says with a smile, “mama,” and curls up in a ball in my lap. Seriously. I can’t get enough. Just being around him, he brings me calm. That’s the only way I know to describe it. Oh the beauty of raising a 5 year old version of your husband. <3
- My baby, the heart of my heart, the one whose cheeks I can’t stop kissing for fear that I’m going to blink and he’ll be grown. He loves to sing Yankee Doodle in the car (Winkee Doodle he says) and he still takes a paci at night. Ask me if I love it. I do. This boy is just silly and fun. I mean, look at his cheese face. He makes me laugh out loud daily.
[Photo credit: Jonbob. We love seeing him every year. He’s awesome.]
This final photo is with our bestie bestersons. What we would do without them, I don’t even want to imagine. Life surely wouldn’t be the same. They’re our people, and I think they would say that we’re theirs.
I hope 2017 is off to a great start, friends. It surely is going to be a good year.
P.S. Here’s a side note: Rarely do we all look this good. As a matter of fact, I’m sitting here right now with sweat pants on and dry shampoo in my hair. So. Don’t be expecting anything more the next time you see me. 😉